Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday, Monday!

So I was supposed to get motivated today.  I woke up on time this morning (actually a little early), which is usually a good sign for my day.  And everything went just fine until Little Missy got out of bed.  She was in rare form today.  She's this incredible blend of mischief and affection, and manages to make me as mad as I possibly could get, and then disarm the temper with just a smile and a hug. 

It wasn't really that bad when she got out the sharpie and pulled some stuff from my scrapbook box and started writing on it.  And her getting into my makeup while I had my back turned, that isn't unusual.  Getting on my computer and deleting my 17 page scan that needed to be emailed off this morning didn't surprise me.  But it all happened before 7, and before I'd had a full cup of coffee.  The last straw was on the way to school.  She took her cup of ovaltine, and sprinkled it up and down her bare legs and feet, and then smeared it into swirly designs.... BODY ART! I started fussing, of course, and she just looked at me with her chin set firmly and that obstinate narrowing of the eyes.  You know that look.  Every two-year-old has perfected it. 

We get to school, and I clean her up.  (Thank goodness I had a full pack of baby wipes in the car. I'm not usually that prepared!)  And I bring her in, and ask for a kiss.  She said no, and turned her back on me. 

Big T is next to her being his usual "pleaser" self... "Mommy, you're not mad at me, right? I didn't do anything wrong, right? I'm making you happy, right Mommy?"  I reassure him, and push him towards the door.  And then I look at Little Missy.  She's got the quivering chin, and her eyes are filling up.  So all I can do is offer her a hug, and tell her I love her, and to PLEASE listen to the teachers at school, for ONCE! Just one day without stealing the babies' nu-nu's! Just one day, please Little Missy...

We'll see when I pick her up whether the remorse lasted past the time it took me to walk out the front door.

No comments: